Am I eligible to apply for a Muto Scholarship?
If you or any of your immediate family is employed full-time in the Swimming Pool and Spa Industry in ANY capacity, full time, for at least one year. Immediate family is defined as your spouse or children under the age of 30.
What can I use the Scholarship for?
Muto Scholarships can be used for:
How do I apply for a Muto Scholarship?
Simply complete the downloadable application from the Foundation web site, follow the application directions and mail it back with the requested attachments. Note that the application must be typed to be considered.
When should I apply?
The application must be addressed to the Foundation and postmarked between January 1st and May 31st for consideration in the same year. Applications postmarked before January 1st or after May 31st will not be considered. . Please allow enough time for your letter of recommendation and association verification processing.
How is my application reviewed?
When the Foundation receives your application, it is reviewed and evaluated by an independent non-industry member committee. This assures that the application is reviewed impartially. Each application is rated on certain factors including, but not limited to:
How can I improve my chance for a scholarship?
Following are some tips that will help you receive the best consideration for your application:
1. All applications must be typed.
2. Please do not leave any blank spaces.
3. Your personal statement should include your reason for pursuing this course of study.
4. Include the name of the school you plan to attend. When completing Item 7, be as specific as possible as to why you want to take this course of study and how you think it will help you in your personal, community, and professional life. This is an important area of the application as it allows the Selection Committee to evaluate your ability to express yourself in writing. We recommend that you attach an additional page or pages to the application. The more information you place in this item, the better picture the Selection Committee will get of your ability to convey your educational objectives.
5. Your application MUST be signed and dated by you. If YOU are employed full-time for at least one year in the Swimming Pool or Spa Industry and over 18 years old, this is the only signature required. If YOU are NOT employed in the Swimming Pool or Spa Industry, the application MUST also be signed by the member of your immediate family who IS currently employed full-time for at least one year in the industry. If the applicant is employed in the Pool/Spa Industry and under 18 years old, a parent or legal guardian MUST also sign the application.
6. IMPORTANT: All applications MUST have the endorsement of an Officer of a Chapter of a "RECOGNIZED POOL AND SPA ASSOCIATION" such as APSP (Formerly NSPI), IPSSA, UPA, etc. The officer's name MUST be typed under the signature. We recommend that you have the Officer endorse the application and return it to you so that YOU can forward it to the Foundation. Any application received without PROPER endorsement will not be considered.
Web site design and donated by Wise
Software & Computer Products Inc., host of Poolspa.com
Web pages maintained and updated by InternetServicePros.com